Real Name: Fergus
Breed(s): Not really sure. Mum says part shepherd, mostly mutt. Everyone has an opinion on what’s in me, – husky, chow, Leonberger (my friends at Dog Den came up with that because I look like a small, short haired version). I’m a great conversation piece.
Approx Age: 20-22 months
Location: Madison, WI
Hobbies: Running, playing with my friends at Dog Den, Anything to do with sprinklers, including Sprinkler hockey and gardening (makes more sense if you’ve seen my YouTube videos), playing with my kids, and talking to my anipals on Twitter, of course.
Favorite Foods: Spaghetti (it’s one of the few things I’ll actually do tricks for!), Pupperoni, and Arthur the cat’s dinner if I can get to it when he’s not looking!
Bio: We don’t know too much about my early puppy days. At some point, I ended up in the Mercer County Humane Society in Kentucky but they ran out of space before I found a home. Fortunately for me, a rescue organization in Cazenovia, Wisconsin, came to Kentucky and brought me and 14 other dogs back to Wisconsin to find homes, otherwise I wouldn’t be here to tell my story. My family adopted me from the Dane County Humane Society on April 7th 2008 after I’d been there a week. The vet said I was between 8 and 10 months when I was adopted. Mum says I was meant to be part of our family and that’s why things worked out the way they did. In the shelter I was called Wiggles because I’m king of the full body wag but my family changed it to Fergus which I really like as it suits me. One of the meanings of Fergus is “first choice” and another is “manly” so it seemed appropriate.
Likes: Rawhides, Sprinklers, cuddling with mum.
Dislikes: Baths, Boxers (not sure why).
Biggest Fear: I shouldn’t really admit this but I don’t like the dark.
Follow Fergus on Twitter at @FergusTheDog
@FergusTheDog recommends you follow the following dogs who twitter:
- @frugaldougal – Party planner extraordinaire and all around good pup.
- @sylviedog – Great friend and a lot of fun.
- @molliewestie – Super cute and funny.
- @cosmohavanese – Great buddy and talented DJ.
- @loupeb – Fun to have around with great tweets, even if he does steal all the girls at #pawpawty!
- @poppy_dog – caring, fun little dog who always looks out for everyone.
- @buddythepuggy – Hilarious and great at Tech Support!
- @mozartdane – Amazing artist and wonderful spokesdog.